Great day on the hills with the Raven Troop today!
We will be meeting at the Den at 9:30 am on Saturday morning. We will be heading up to Wicklow and climbing Djouce (725m)
The weather forecast is no rain, but chilly so make sure to have plenty of layers, hats and gloves. You can view the forecast here
We should be back at 5:00pm (approx)
See you all Saturday!!
A reminder about this evening’s proceedings.
Venue: St.Cronans Church
Time: Meeting at 7.45pm
All scouts are invited. The parents of new scouts who are being invested are also invited. Full and perfect uniform is required.
It should hopefully be finished before 9pm.
Hope to see all scouts later!
A few updates before our Scout meeting tomorrow:
– There will be a group investiture *this Friday at 8pm in St.Cronans Church*. All new members in Brackenstown Scouts will be invested into their new sections. It is important that all youth members will have full uniform for this ceremony.
– There is just a couple of registration forms left to be returned, can these please be filled out and returned tomorrow.
*12 Days of Christmas Raffle Tickets*
– All tickets sold/unsold will need to be back with us by tomorrow week, Thursday 5th December.
We’ve a few updates and dates for diaries before tomorrow’s meeting:
Registration Forms 📜
– Can you please return registration forms tomorrow if you haven’t already done so.
– We have an activity planned for Saturday 7th December…. mark it in your diary! Full details to follow…
12 Days of Christmas tickets 🎅🎄🎅
We gave each scout a set of raffle tickets last Thursday. Itd be great if all ticket books (sold/unsold) are returned by Thursday 5th of December
– There will be a Group investiture on Friday 29th November. New members of sections will he invested into their new section on the 29th. All scouts will need full uniform for the ceremony. This consists of shirt, scout trousers,belt,woggle,dark footwear and neckerchief (164th Brackenstown). Uniforms can be bought online and delivered to your house. The Scout Shop on Liffey St. has the different sizes for trying on but don’t sell them, they are just there for sizing.
We put our Trangias to work last Thursday, making lovely cups of hot tea!
We have a change of plans for Saturday. We will be doing Backwoods activities (building shelters, lighting fires and cooking). The forecast is chilly with periods of rain. Rain gear and warm clothing are essential. Scouts will also need a bottle of water, hat, gloves and a pen knife and bivvy bag if they have one.
We will be meeting at the Den at 10.30am and expect to be back at the Den for 4pm
The activity will be €2 per scout and if they want to bring some spending money for Scrumdiddlys/Shop.
Thanks again to all the Scouts who have returned their registration forms. If you haven’t already can you please bring them on Saturday or next week’s meeting? There is a confirmation of personal details form and a payment option form.
Thanks to all the Scouts who have returned their registration forms. If you haven’t already can you please bring them to tomorrow’s meeting? There are 2 forms – a confirmation of personal details form and a payment option form.
We are planning to go on a hike on Saturday. The forecast is chilly with periods of rain. Rain gear and warm clothing are essential. We will have full details at tomorrow’s meeting.