There are just a couple of more sleeps until we make our way towards Lough Key!! It is going to be absolutely Jepic!!!!
We are going to meet on Thursday for half an hour at 7pm to go through the plan and answer any questions you may have.
Leave a comment/let us know if you can’t make it on Thursday.
We will be meeting at the Den on Saturday morning at 10am sharp.
Below is the list of essential gear :
• A smile, a sense of adventure, a great attitude etc…
• Hiking boots
• A few changes of clothes – a weeks worth should do, we will be doing a lot of activities so expect them to get dirty!
• Uniform (bring spare neckerchiefs if you have them)
• Good waterproof raincoat with hood
• Rain trousers or gaiters
• Spare socks, underwear
• Warm fleece , jumper, even though it’s summer !!!
• Swim gear
• Sun cream
• Medications, to be handed to Leaders on Saturday morning.
• Insect repellant
• Bivvy bag – we plan to bivvy on the island
• Eating utensils (Mug, plate, bowl, knife, fork, spoon )
• Sleeping bag
• Ground mat
• Water bottle
• A few black bags (for lining your rucksack if it rains)
Optional Gear (if you have it):
• Pen knife – if you are allowed
• Personal First Aid Kit
Do remember that what you bring you carry, and you are responsible for your belongings.
If you have any questions leave a comment. See you on Thursday!!