As part of the meeting tonight we did a review of the County Hike which we did on Saturday and the hike we did in Glendalough the previous Saturday. Here is what we came up with.
What went well?
- It was really useful to have the storm shelter, because it was so windy and cold.
- Where we stopped for lunch it was not so cold.
- We were all happy.
- The group stayed together while walking.
- We made good time.
- The scouts were walking ahead of the leaders.
- The weather was better than it might have been for the time of year.
- Newer scouts got to mix with the older scouts.
- One of us got to climb on a rock.
- We got to see great wildlife (deers) and nature (trees).
What could have been better?
- There were too many steps (sleepers).
- Leaders could have told the truth about how far away the end of the hike was.
- All scouts could have brought decent gloves, hats, a suitable amound of water and food.
If you can think of any more, please put a comment below and I will add it.