The Leopold Batt Memorial Trophy will be held over this weekend. It is really shaping up to be an amazing fun weekend, jam packed with awesome activities – orienteering, building fires, sleeping in bivvys under the stars, abseiling down cliffs, sailing in boats on the estuary…… to name but a few!
We are hoping all Scouts will be taking part and will be meeting at the Scout Den at 8:50am on Saturday morning. Full Uniform is not required (All must wear Neckerchief).
Please do not bring portable electronics (e.g. phone, ipad, speakers etc). The activities do not require these items and they will be at risk if you bring them.
Here is the gear list:
– Full raingear (Trousers, and Jacket with hood: Must be water proof)
– Sleeping bag
– Ground mat
– Survival Bag (Bivvy Bag)
– Eating utensils (Spoon, Fork, Knife, Plate, Bowl and Cup)
– Warm Clothes (Many T-shirts, warm jumper)
– Wet Clothes (i.e. we will be getting clothes wet so bring a full change and a pair of old runners)
– Hiking boots
– Wash gear
– Hat and Gloves
– Torch – preferably a head torch with spare batteries
– A rucksack to put it all in
– Plastic Bags
– Day Bag (Regular sized backpack)
Bring the following if you have it:
– A penknife (if you have permission from your parents)
– A basic first aid kit
– Flint & Steel