It’s only a matter of days to the Jamboree in Punchestown. 9 days, 6 hours, 36 minutes and 58 seconds to be precise [correct at time of posting]. I hope you are all getting seriously pumped about it. To help you all with your final preparations here is a gear list for the week.
1. Full scout uniform – with all badges in correct place
2. Brackenstown t-shirt if you have one
3. 2 pair shorts (one for swimming)
4. T-shirts, socks, underwear as required
5. High factor sun cream
6. Sun hat & warm hat
7. Knife fork cup bowl spoon mug, tea towel
8. Insulating ground Mat
9. Sleeping bag
10. Wash kit
11. Spending money
13. Warm jumper/Fleece
15. 1 litre Water bottle
16. Insect repellent
17. A few goodies for emergencies
18. Hiking boots, runners
19. Medication, where required with prior notice to the leaders
20. Torch – with spare batteries
22. Personal first aid kit – a few plasters, bandage, small scissors, Savlon.
22. As part of our Romania theme day – we are asking everyone to bring a vampire outfit for our Dracula Show – fangs, cape, white face paint and lots of fake blood please.
No mobile phones or ghetto blasters permitted
All gear must be fully packed in a haversack
So Get Packing!